We are one of the most well known Limestone
traders and suppliers based in India We offer the client’s superior quality of Limestone, which is available in different range of finishes like natural, honed, polished and others. Apart from this, the Limestone is also available in varied thickness & dimensions, meeting the specific decorative demands of clients. Natural Limestone contains silica in different proportions and is largely composed of calcite mineral. The Limestone powder contains calcite mineral due to the marine organism.
Grades of Limestones Offered by us :
Chemical Properties :
- Cement Industry :
- Limestone containing about 45% CaO and above is usually preferred for the manufacturing of cement.
- Magnesia content in the stone should ideally be less than 3%, although as high as 5% MgO is used by the industry.
- The proportion of Al2O3 + Fe2O3: SiO2 should be 1:2:5. Magnesia sulphur and phosphorus are regarding as most undesirable impurities.
- Iron & Steel Industry :
- Limestone is used in this industry both in the blast furnace to lower the temperature of melting and second to from calcium silicate by combining with silica of the iron ore, which comes out as slag.
- For this purpose good fluxing limestone low in acid constituents such as silica, alumina, sulphur and phosphorus is required. The limestone should be dense, massive, preferably fine grained, compact and non-fretting on burning.
- Chemical Industry :
- The calcium carbide manufactures generally prefer lime containing 95% CaO (min.), not more than 3% SiO2, not exceed 2%.
- Sugar Industry :
- In sugar industry lime is used for the clarification of juice form can be beets.
- Milk of lime 1% in volume of cane juice is added to pre-heated juice.
- Limestone to be used in sugar industry must be high in active lime (CaO S 80% min.) must be low in iron, alumina and silica, etc.
- Glass Industry :
- Glass industry required high limestone (CaCO3: 94.5%) combine CaCO3 and MgCO3 should be 97.5%.
- Fertilizers Industry :
- The latest use of limestone introduced in the country is in the manufacture of calcium ammonium fertilizers, limestone is used only as carrier.
- For this purpose limestone should contain MgCO3 + CaCO3 85% (min.) SiO2 5% (max.) and acid in-soluble 14% (max.)
Sizes / Range :
- CaCO3 : 85-97%
- CaO : 45-54%+
- SiO2 : Below 1%, 1-1.5, 1.5-2, 2-3, 3-4
- MgO : 1.2-3%
Chemical formulae :
- Quicklime and slaked lime
- Soil conditioner
- Solid base for many roads
- Suppression of methane explosions
- Calcium supplement for poultry
- Increasing the alkalinity of purified water
- Extracting iron
- Train stations
- Bread and cereals
- Banks and other structures
|Monuments ArtConstructionSteel melting shopCement and mortarBlast furnaceGlass making|
To enquire about the desired product(s), just check the box and then click “Enquiry Now” button which is provided below.
- Readily available
- Easy to cut
- Absorbs water
- High solubility
- Reactive to acid solutions